Our client in Garfield, Heights is seeking an energetic and reliable Porter to perform day-to-day building cleaning and maintenance at our company facility.
Our Porters are responsible for keeping the property clean, minor maintenance, restocking products, and making sure the property is in good standing. The primary goal of this position is to provide attention to the appearance of communal areas for a safe and adequate working environment.
Shift: Wednesday from 8 am to 4 pm, Th, F, S, and Su from 6 am to 2 pm.
- Clean all common room areas including the kitchen, prep and packaging areas, and break room by sweeping, mopping, at times using cleaning supplies.
- When applicable, place safety hazard signs in the building including wet paint and wet floor warning signs.
- Monitor, clean, stock, and service restrooms.
- Respond to any major spills or other cleaning crises.
- Remove litter and rubbish from main common areas.
- Help order supplies required for facility maintenance.
- Sweep entranceways and glass cleaning.
- Empty trash receptacles inside and outside.
- Perform other cleaning duties as specified in schedule or requested by Management.
- 12 months’ porter/janitorial experience.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, and/or to move from one work site to another.
- Ability to lift and push up to 50 pounds.
- This position works inside and outside. The employee may be exposed to outside elements present at the time work is being performed including, but not limited to, exposure to heat, extreme cold, rain, snowfall, wind, and humidity.